“please my Lady, forgive the hardness of a soldier’s hand…”
young Betsey & Alexander Hamilton, around 1780, requested by m0drnmoonlight (see, i made your OTP, i fulfilled my part of the deal. NOW your turn ;D) SO SORRY if it doesn’t look like them, i mean: no wig ; Alex looks quite ‘tall’ ; do the colors of the hairs even fit? no historically accurate? who cares? *i love drawing uniforms*… AAHH THIS IS TERRIBLE! ALL THE PEOPLE I DRAW HAVE THE SAME FACE!! but i like the boots, just sayin’ |deviantart|
history meme. ten moments: the duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton at Weehawken, New Jersey.
On the morning of July 11, 1804, Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton were rowed across the Hudson River in separate boats to a secluded spot near Weehawken, New Jersey. There, in accord with the customs of the code duello, they exchanged pistol shots at ten paces. Hamilton was struck on his right side and died the following day. Though unhurt, Burr found that his reputation suffered an equally fatal wound. In this, the most famous duel in American history, both participants were casualties. […] they managed to make a dramatic final statement about the time of their time. Honor mattered because character mattered. And character mattered because the fate of the American experiment with republican government still required virtuous leaders to survive. Eventually, the United States might develop into a nation of laws and established institutions capable of surviving corrupt or incompetent public officials. But it was not there yet. It still required honorable and virtuous leaders to endure. Both Burr and Hamilton came to the interview because they wished to be regarded as part of such company. (The Founding Brothers, Joseph J. Ellis)
I haven’t put him back on my wall yet because I can’t find my command strips so he’s just been chilling on the floor next to my bed since Saturday.
But I gotta say I don’t mind waking up to his lovely face every morning.
Hi, I made a playlist of Radiohead songs that remind me of Burr and Hamilton.
1. Electioneering- I will stop, I will stop at nothing/Say the right things when electioneering/I trust I can rely on your vote
2. Paranoid Android-When I am king you will be first against the wall/With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
3. Just-You’ve changed the locks three times/He still comes reeling through the door/One day I’ll get to you/And teach you how to get to purest hell/You do it to yourself, you do/And that’s what really hurts
4. 15 Step-How come I end up where I started/How come I end up where I went wrong/Wont take my eyes off the ball again/You reel me out and then you cut the string
5. There There-Why so green and lonely?/Heaven sent you to me/We are accidents/Waiting waiting to happen
6. Nude-You’ve gone off the rails/So don’t get any big ideas/They’re not gonna happen/You’ll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking
7. Bulletproof…I Wish I Was-Wax me, mould me/Heat the pins and stab them in/You have turned me into this/Just wish that it was bullet proof
8. Reckoner-Reckoner/You can’t take it with you/Dancing for your pleasure/You are not to blame for/Bittersweet distractor/Dare not speak its name
9. Separator-Like I’m falling out of bed/From a long and weary dream/Finally I’m free of all the weight I’m carrying
so, as i promised, here my fancast for a -fictve but oh it would be so glorious- miniserie about Alexander Hamilton, with:
James McAvoy as Alexander Hamilton
Hayley Atwell as Elizabeth Hamilton
and special guest, Joe Anderson as John Laurens (i still have no idea for Aaron Burr)
I managed to find an older photo of Gen. Schuyler Hamilton, set sometime during the 1880s when he was (presumably) in his 60s. You can clearly see that he has Alexander Hamilton’s eyes, almost exactly.
Oh my gosh look at him!! Thank you for this! <3
I was researching Hamilton’s grandchildren (John Church’s children in particular) and it’s actually incredible looking through their photos. This is obviously Gen. Schuyler Hamilton and his sister Elizabeth Hamilton Halleck. Their dark features remind me so much of Betsey, it’s absolutely haunting. You don’t happen to know of any other photos, do you?
Aah yes I’ve seen these! I absolutely adore that picture of Elizabeth. You’re right, she looks just like Betsey.
Unfortunately, I think these are the only ones I’ve seen!
Alexander Hamilton’s commentary on the fable, copied from Plutarch in his Pay Book (via publius-esquire)
Is this enough to start a Goodreads account for Hamilton with or?
list of possible despicable things hamilton thought of burr:
- he used up all the hot water
- he was a litter bug
- he clogged the sing with orange peels and rice
- he was legitimately send from hell as an emissary of satan to seduce otherwise righteous young men and disband the holy republic and it would have been religious blasphemy to ignore it
- he wore last years’ cravat
in the top one you can see the pale of his eyes tho
Ugh. Yes. I love it.
I love the top one because it is just so astoundingly beautiful to me. The colour and texture of his skin, his eyes…that NOSE.
But the second one is so realistic and full of life. Every time I look at it I swear he’s going to turn and look at me any minute. I can see him becoming impatient and antsy, trying so hard not to move or speak. Even though we can’t really see his eyes there is something very animated about them.
That’s why I can’t choose. Ugh I just love him so much.
put together a list of my favorite descriptions of burr and hamilton because there was really nothing better i could have done with my time